none
Logon to servers taking very long

Pertanyaan

• Whenever I want to logon to a server, through RDP, the process takes a very long time

It is stuck on Applying your personal settings, this time I’m trying to logon to XXXXXXX and I’m been waiting almost an hour to be logged on!

I also tried XXXXX, and it took at least 15 minutes

It seems to be only servers with Windows 2000 and Windows 2003 (regardless of OS version)

16 Mei 2018 9:58

Semua Balasan

• Hi,

I want to confirm with you if you had deployed RDS, or only enable Remote Desktop Connection locally on the remote system?

Please try to find a client system which locates at same subnetwork as the destination server system, and confirm that if same problem happens again. It would be helpful to identify whether it is network relate problem.

Besides, as you had mentioned that problem happens on Windows Server 2000 and 2003, they are older OS version, if possible, please try to patch system fully with Windows Update and Hotfix, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.  

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

17 Mei 2018 7:18
  • only Remote Desktop connection locally
    18 Mei 2018 11:49