none
How to recreate missing meetings in a shared calendar?

Pertanyaan

• Hi,

Quick background of the problem. Exchange 2010, Outlook 2016 (O365).

We have a user, User1, who has access to a shared group mailbox, Shared1.

User1 books meetings as Shared1 and they should appear in Shared1 calendar. However, due to issues with Outlook cached mode and more than 500 folders, the meetings never made it to the Shared calendar.

The shared calendar is now working OK as we unticked "Download shared folders" in cache mode options. That's all well and good.

BUT, and this is my problem I need help with. Those invites have gone out to the recipients and they are in their calendars. This is directors and VIPs, so we don't want to be messing them about if at all possible.

We have the calendar items in the users SENT items folder, we can see them.

Is there some way to replay these messages using the entries in sent items?

I've had a test on my PC, and I can't find any way. I have been googling for days.

I really need a way to fix this as not only is this to a whole load of VIPs, it's also a whole load of calendar invites spanning the next 2 years.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - James

Senin, 14 Mei 2018 14.34

Jawaban

• No update yet, had a P1 on something else all day yesterday. Just getting back to everything else now.

I will also post this in the Exchange forum, but as we are dealing with email level items in Outlook itself, I expect they will say the same and ask me to post here!

I will update here if and when I get a fix.

Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 09.17

Semua Balasan

• Hi James,

Do you mean the shared calendar owner cannot find the meeting in his/her calendar?

Does this meeting display correctly on the web mail?

In case there was something wrong with the data files, please recreate the ost file to check the results. Rename the original ost file as .old and then restart Outlook.

Besides, this issue could also be caused by the corrupted Day / Week / Month view. Please try resetting the view where it disappears via View > Reset View.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Selasa, 15 Mei 2018 02.52
  • Hi,

Because of the problem (MAPI session limit exceeded) when the item was created, it never made it to the shared mailbox.

This was on User1's PC and User1 was doing the work as Shared1.

We see the sent items in User1's Sent items folder, and invitees got the meeting requests.

However, due to the cached mode issue, Shared1's calendar was not actually updated with the meeting requests.

They are not in Webmail, they are not in List view, they are not in reset Views.... they are just not in that Shared1 mailbox at all. We know why, MAPI session limit, so it wrote it to cache on the users PC and it never sent it to the mailbox. It got ghosted.

We have fixed it for NEW bookings by not caching Shared1 on User1's PC. BUT, that doesn't fix all of the meeting requests that went out before the problem was spotted and are missing in the Shared1 mailbox where they need to be... and there are a lot of those and for VIPs.

So, we have the sent items still. Is there any way to get these missing requests back in to the Shared1 mailbox, maybe using those sent items?

Selasa, 15 Mei 2018 09.28
  • Hi,

>>We see the sent items in User1's Sent items folder, and invitees got the meeting requests.

>>They are not in Webmail,

From your description, these meeting invitations sent out successfully and meetings are invisible on the web mail, right?

As far as I know, when delegate create meetings on shared calendar, recipients will receive meeting invitations whose title should be "User 1 on behalf of the <shared calendar owner>". Following is an example. Please check whether this is the same as yours.

Normally, if these meetings are also missing from the OWA, this issue may lie on server-side. As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I'm not familiar with exchange server. You could post this thread to Exchange Server forum to get a better response.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Selasa, 15 Mei 2018 09.51
  • Hi,

Any updates with this issue?

Just to check whether the information above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 07.14
  • No update yet, had a P1 on something else all day yesterday. Just getting back to everything else now.

I will also post this in the Exchange forum, but as we are dealing with email level items in Outlook itself, I expect they will say the same and ask me to post here!

I will update here if and when I get a fix.

Kamis, 17 Mei 2018 09.17
  • Hi,

You may add the information that these meetings are also invisible on OWA to that thread. Calendar issues could be caused by many reasons. Normally, we will compare the situation with OWA to determine whether it lies on Outlook client or server.

Thank you for your understanding and support! :)

Regards,

Perry

Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 06.37
  • Just a quick update to say that we are still mid migration and a lot of stuff is up in the air right now, so it will be a while till I actually get time to look at this again. But should I find an answer, I will post it here for others to find.
    Jumat, 25 Mei 2018 09.25
  • It seems that you have to recreate those corrupted meetings.
    Kamis, 31 Mei 2018 07.34
  • And that seems daft. These invites have successfully gone out to loads of VIPs. So it's not like the meeting doesn't exist at all... it is just missing from one mailbox, but unfortunately, the mailbox that they should have sent from.

If it was 1 meeting, fine. If it was for normal users, fine.

But this is 2 years worth of meetings (everything from end of 2019 to 2022 I believe) for senior people, investors and so on.

Kamis, 31 Mei 2018 07.45
  • Worked through suggestions on the Exchange forum. No joy.

Almost 3 years worth of meetings down the pan, we are now left with the choice of leaving them as is (missing from the organisers calendar) or asking people to delete them and recreating them, either in bulk or on a case by case basis.

Shame. Outlook cached mode is really great when it is working well but this has been a huge headache for a lot of people.

Kamis, 07 Juni 2018 10.27