none
Outlook.exe crash

Pertanyaan

• Hello

We are using outlook 2013

Cashed mode / Exchange

Windows 10 1709

I have 1 end user that experiences an outlook crash each time she locks her computer for more that 10 minutes or so. 

The event view displays the following:

Faulting application name: OUTLOOK.EXE, version: 15.0.5007.1000, time stamp: 0x5a5e777c
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.16299.248, time stamp: 0xeffc9126
    Exception code: 0xc0000005 
    Fault offset: 0x000000000004be7b 
    Faulting process id: 0x2604
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3baf18b57ea73
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\OUTLOOK.EXE
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: cfe5cead-6a6e-4d49-90bf-8302ed976e55
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

I have Recreated the profile on the users' system - no change

I have started in safe mode - no change

I have removed com objects - no change

Windows updates/Office updates are up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thank You

Terry

Selasa, 13 Maret 2018 22.30

Jawaban

• The solution that worked for me was to remove microsoft office, remove the user profile from the machine (completely), recreate the user account, Re-install Office and the issue has not returned.

Thank you

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh terryvanduzee Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 14.33
    Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 14.33

Semua Balasan

• Hi Terry,

The reasons of ntdll.dll error can vary greatly. We could first try running Outlook with the /Resetnavpane switch to check the result.

1.Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard to launch the Run prompt.

2.Type outlook.exe /resetnavpane in the box and click OK.

Besides, please create a new user account and see if same issue occurs. This helps eliminate whether it was caused by some user setting.

In case this issue was caused by software conflicts, please try performing a clean boot in Windows to check the result.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Rabu, 14 Maret 2018 02.47
  • I will try these steps;

Thank You

Rabu, 14 Maret 2018 15.12
  • Hi Terry,

Have you tried the suggestion above? I'm wondering whether my reply is helpful to you.

If the above information was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Kamis, 15 Maret 2018 09.40
  • Hi Terry,

Have you solved this issue? Just to check whether my reply helps.

If you have fixed it, it is also highly appreciated if you could share the solution here so that it will benefit other members who is having similar issue here.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Rabu, 21 Maret 2018 09.17
  • The solution that worked for me was to remove microsoft office, remove the user profile from the machine (completely), recreate the user account, Re-install Office and the issue has not returned.

Thank you

• Ditandai sebagai Jawaban oleh terryvanduzee Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 14.33
    Jumat, 18 Mei 2018 14.33