none
Microsoft Outlook and SPAM on Subject Line

Pertanyaan

• I recently set up a custom informational website for a business.  I created several domain name emails which are forwarded to their AOL email.  I then went to their business office to add the accounts to Microsoft Outlook.  That worked without a problem.  However, when I conducted a test to see if they received each domain email, the subject line has **SPAM** Test.

The only message in the test email is:

This is a test

How can I get rid of **SPAM** on the subject line.  I certainly didn't put it in.  Did AOL do this?  Did the Web Host?  Did Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks,

Robin

• Diedit oleh RobinNJ Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 15.59
    Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 15.58

Semua Balasan

• who host's the exchange for YOUR domain?
    Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 16.05
  • It was most likely  AOL that added it, unless you use a desktop client to read AOL mail - then your antivirus/security software could have done it. (Defender doesn't scan mail but many 3rd party security software does.)

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Kamis, 14 Juni 2018 17.23
  • Thanks for all the responses.

I'll check them out.  Don't know yet.

Thanks again,

Robin

Sabtu, 16 Juni 2018 15.06
  • Hi Robin,

How is everything going? Feel free to post back if you need further assistance here.

Regards,
    Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Selasa, 19 Juni 2018 08.28
  • Notified the web host, A2 hosting, who tested it and found no **SPAM** on the subject line.  My customer showed me these tests and the SPAM was gone.  I have no idea whether A2 told AOL to eliminate the SPAM or AOL did it on its own...My customer has a premium account which means they pay for the AOL.  I haven't got a clue how the SPAM got eliminated.  I would like to give points to The Grim and Diane Poremsky.  However, I can't simply click Mark as answer.

Thanks to all,

Robin

Senin, 16 Juli 2018 17.38