none
Hyper-V Failed to Change State Error Code 32788

Pertanyaan

• I have a Hyper-V machine running on a server with 20GB of RAM available (according to resource monitor).  When I try to start it with more than 4GB of RAM it fails with this error.  I tried creating a new VM, using a different VHD file, all create the same error.  Before I updated Hyper-V it used to report insufficient memory.  What am I missing?

Thanks!

Mike

Rabu, 12 April 2017 14.35

Semua Balasan

• Hi Sir,

>>I have a Hyper-V machine running on a server with 20GB of RAM available (according to resource monitor).

This is a physical server ?

What is the version of OS ?

>>Before I updated Hyper-V it used to report insufficient memory. 

Have you tried to use performance monitor with counter "hyper-v dynamic memory balancer system balancer " to check if there is free memory larger than 4GB :

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Minggu, 16 April 2017 07.16
  • Hi Sir,

I'd like to check the current state of that issue .

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Minggu, 23 April 2017 09.50
  • This happened to me just now. 12/7/17. I restored a Win 2012 R2 VM using DPM to a physical Windows 2012 R2 HV host like I always do. This time the VM would not start and I received error 32788 when I started the VM.

I forgot to assign the VM a network adapter in HV settings after it was restored but before starting it. I needed the VM it to have an internal network adapter in my case. Changed the VM NIC to an internal switch and VM started right up.

Jumat, 08 Desember 2017 06.47
  • This is due a problem with the virtual switch

I have just had exactly the same issue on my machine, I had to create a new virtual switch and assign all of my virtual machines to this switch. Everything works fine now

Senin, 11 Desember 2017 03.06
  • Exactly, I had my Virtual Switch in Configuration Error in the HyperV Settings. Changing it to a valid virtual switch solved the problem.

-Mithun

• Disarankan sebagai Jawaban oleh VWSurfer69 Jumat, 04 Mei 2018 16.22
    Selasa, 13 Februari 2018 02.06
  • I had exactly the same error with a virtual machine. The virtual switch was ok, even removing the network adapter and starting without network did not help. I solved it with stopping the VM Service on the server (VM continued to run) and starting it again - now the VM started without any error.
    Rabu, 28 Maret 2018 09.57
  • This worked for me. 

-Jack

Rabu, 11 Juli 2018 16.22
  • I tried everything in this thread. Ultimately I just recreated a new machine > Attached the Drive to the New Machine > Everything worked fine. 
    Minggu, 19 Agustus 2018 19.23