none
Win7 Internet Exporer 11 black vertical bar

Question

• Hello everybody,

I have a Win7 64 bit laptop and IE 11.0.9600.16476, when IE is not maximazed the vertical scroll bar doesn't  anchor to the right but is about a centimeter moved to the left, with a black bar on its right.

Moreover since I installed IE11 Windows is less stable, also showing the blue screen, In most cases this happens while using Visual Studio Web Developer 2010 or 2013 using IE.

This is really frustrating, and I'm thinking about switching to IE10 again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Diego Riccardi

Friday, January 17, 2014 9:59 AM

Answers

• ok you don't like the expression "Not maximezed" so I can use "normal mode windows" if you like it better.

Anyway this does not solve my problem since it is still there.... I was giving IE11 a chance, but my idea is that it was designed especially for Win8 users, but I'm running Win7.

So I'm really fed up now and can't waste more time, so I'm coming back to another browser, and trying to find out how to downgrade to IE10, or at least waiting untile the next IE11 update to check is it resolve my issue.

However, thank you all for your time and attention.

Bye

Diego Riccardi

• Marked as answer by Diego Riccardi Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

A blue screen issue is most caused by driver or software conflicts, according to your description, you should check task manager to ensure you have enough memory to hold your running application.

If everything is ok, upload the dump file, we can help you analyze this.

Alex Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, January 20, 2014 9:38 AM
  • Hi thaks for your reply.

My pc has 8GB RAM, so I think there is enough space. anyway were can I find the dump file so I can show it to you?

However, I would like to know more about the black bar issue.

I'm running Win 7 Home Premium SP1 - i7-2670QM CPU - RAM: 8GB.

Thank you again

Diego Riccardi

Monday, January 20, 2014 10:58 AM
  • Hi,

About the black bar issue, you should try Internet Explorer “No add-ons" mode to see if this issue persists.

Meanwhile, you can use SkyDrive to upload the dump file.

Alex Zhao

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:22 AM
  • Hi,

I tried IE No Addons mode, nothing changed

Diego Riccardi

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:50 AM
  • Hi,

Try to reset Internet Explorer settings, which would return it to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer.

Alex Zhao

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:14 AM
  • when IE is not maximized the vertical scroll bar doesn't  anchor to the right but is about a centimeter moved to the left, with a black bar on its right.

That does not necessarily sound like a description of a problem.  E.g. "not maximized" suggests you have a normal mode window which is open in whatever size you happen to have it set to and in whatever position it chooses to open (or where you have dragged it).  Then whatever you see outside of that window would be what would normally be showing there when you minimized that window.

"Not maximized" could also be a description of a window which was in its normal mode but toggled into Fullscreen mode, e.g. by pressing F11.

Does your "black bar" symptom make any more sense now when you either Minimize the window (e.g. press Alt-Space, n) or toggle it into Fullscreen mode (e.g. press F11)?

Alternatively, you can maximally size a normal mode window, e.g. by using the Alt-Space, Size command or by using one of the Taskbar's (right-click) Show windows... commands while the problem window is the only one which is not minimized.  E.g. press Win-M, restore the problem window and then apply the Taskbar command.  (Just as in previous versions of Windows, where "tiling" a single window had the useful property of maximally sizing it, so too do the W7 Taskbar's Show windows... commands; so essentially they are the same commands with new labels.)

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:13 PM
    Answerer
  • ok you don't like the expression "Not maximezed" so I can use "normal mode windows" if you like it better.

Anyway this does not solve my problem since it is still there.... I was giving IE11 a chance, but my idea is that it was designed especially for Win8 users, but I'm running Win7.

So I'm really fed up now and can't waste more time, so I'm coming back to another browser, and trying to find out how to downgrade to IE10, or at least waiting untile the next IE11 update to check is it resolve my issue.

However, thank you all for your time and attention.

Bye

Diego Riccardi

• Marked as answer by Diego Riccardi Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:17 AM
    Wednesday, February 05, 2014 8:16 AM