none
Viewing Blogs through internet explorer RRS feed

• Question

• Why can't we view the contents of a blog hosted by blogspot through Internet Explorer. Sadly, I can view it through Firefox and Google Chrome. I really don't want to have to do as all of my friends have said and change from IE to Firefox or Chrome. Please help!

We've tried fixing it with the compatability switch as well as turning add-on's off and neither has resolved the issue.

Is there a fix for this, or at the very least, when can we expect a fix in Internet Explorer. We've tried it in both IE 8 and IE 10, neither of which fixes the issue.

Thanks! - Eric -

Tuesday, April 2, 2013 3:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Eric,

like all programming languages HTML (which is not a programming language, but a markup language) has syntax and lexicons that are standardized to ensure compatibility across different browsers and platforms.

You know the old saying junk in-junk out...

I'm afraid without knowing the address of your BlogSpot we cannot help you sorting out the wrongs of your coding...

generally to fix up rendering issues (bad html) in IE you click the Compatibility View button or add a special x-ua meta tag to your markup....

but blogger is a google website and your unnamed page probably contains all of the google tracking code and site analytics....

tracking protection in IE10 is probably making a difference in how your page renders in IE...

I can only recommend that you remove any google widgets from your page and keep it as simple as possible.

YOu can try support.google.com for help with their products.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:41 AM