none
Workflow Variable to Populate Email Send To - SharePoint Designer 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint Designer 2013 is it possible to create a workflow variable to be used to populate the sendto of emails?  The variable would be multi value and could consist of both individual users and groups.

In our case we have a workflow with multiple emails that send to the same people, but the list can change frequently.  I am hoping I can just update the workflow in one location as there are changes rather than having to update each email.

I suppose I can manage this with a group setting but at this point I'd like to see if this is possible in workflow.

Thanks

BobA311

Friday, December 6, 2019 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi BobA311,

In the workflow variable, we can store the users’ email address via semicolon. But we cannot store the SharePoint Group in it.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 9, 2019 7:58 AM
  • Hi BobA311,

Is there any update?

If the post helps you, you can mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, December 13, 2019 9:42 AM