none
Won't download from Server 2003 using Windows 8 remotely RRS feed

• Question

• I bought a notebook with Win8 pre-installed.  My company server is remote accessed where I can download files as needed.  Now when I connect to the Shared file folder I can't get the download function to work.  It will upload but not download to the notebook.  It will still works  just fine with any other ver. of Windows, i.e. XP, Vista, Win 7, Win7pro.  Any suggestions?  By the way, I use I.E. 9 to remote access thru
    Friday, February 15, 2013 1:53 PM

Answers

• Hi,

ummm...there are no upload or download functions in IE....

It sounds like you are using a 'control panel' server interace... contact your system administrators. RAS is different to remote desktop.

one uses ftp and the client Windows Explorer to download or upload files to a server...

Rob^_^

Friday, February 15, 2013 11:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

ummm...there are no upload or download functions in IE....

It sounds like you are using a 'control panel' server interace... contact your system administrators. RAS is different to remote desktop.

one uses ftp and the client Windows Explorer to download or upload files to a server...

Rob^_^

Friday, February 15, 2013 11:13 PM
  • Thanks so much for the reply.............that is correct in that it is a server interface or control panel....I set this up and used Windows Home server and after I log in it shows two tabs.. (1) to access my computers and (2) the shared file folders.  This second one is where I store my files.....when opened, you can click on the file and normally it will show the box where you can choose to download the file to the computer your using or is remotely connected, but since using Win 8 its never worked again.  Soon as I log on with my older laptop with Win7 pro then I can download again.  Any suggestions?

Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:07 PM