DFSR Event 5002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've got a server in a remote location and a hub server in my datacentre with DFSR between the two.

I am getting 5002 errors in on the remote server and a build up of files in the back log.

What should I do to figure out what is going on?

Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:43 PM

All replies

• This is the text from the event

The DFS Replication service encountered an error communicating with partner XXXX for replication group xxxx.

Partner DNS address: XXXX

Optional data if available:
    Partner WINS Address: XXXX
    Partner IP Address: XXXX

The service will retry the connection periodically.

Additional Information:
    Error: 1727 (The remote procedure call failed and did not execute.)
    Connection ID: 99C3EE65-E786-4A89-8143-63A68E1C65B6
    Replication Group ID: 200E3209-66F9-473C-A7CE-6598B46ACA42

Thursday, September 8, 2011 1:47 PM
  • Hello,

It seems like a network/DNS communication issue. Can you ping servers from each other?

Isaac Oben MCITP:EA, MCSE,MCC View my MCP Certifications
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 10:29 PM
  • Hi,

Edit or create the following keys to see if they can help on the issue:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters

Value =DisableTaskOffload
    Type = DWORD
    Data = 1

Value =EnableTCPChimney
    Type = DWORD
    Data = 0

Value =EnableTCPA
    Type = DWORD
    Data = 0

Value =EnableRSS
    Type = DWORD
    Data = 0

Please note: We may need to reboot the server to make these settings take into effect.

Also please refer to the following article to see if the issue is related to MTU of the network device.

Recommended TCP/IP settings for WAN links with a MTU size of less than 576
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/900926/en-us

One more related article:

Troubleshooting RPC Endpoint Mapper errors using the Windows Server 2003 Support Tools from the product CD
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839880

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum |If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, September 9, 2011 7:50 AM
  • It seems like a network/DNS communication issue. Can you ping servers from each other?

Yeah shortname and FQDN works from all servers

Also please refer to the following article to see if the issue is related to MTU of the network device.

MTU is 1400, dont think this will be an issuse

I did a reboot yesterday but this did not fix it as I found the errors again this morning.

On the server this is trying to DFSR to (hunb server) I can see error event 5002. The details are 1753 (There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper.)

After a few minute I then got event 5004 on the hub, this is succefully connected inbound to the spoke. The was no correcponding event on the spoke.

I am going to try the regkeys and see if this helps.

Friday, September 9, 2011 9:37 AM
  • another thing I have just found is that if I do a propagation test from spoke to hub using the verbose output I get

[ERROR] Failed to connect to WMI service on computer: hubserver.mydomain.net

I tried restarting the wmi service on the hub server, this crashed and I ended up rebooting the hub......

Friday, September 9, 2011 10:04 AM
  • I've striped out the replication connection for this hub server and added one to another server.

This is working now, not the way I wanted but it is working neither the less. I'm now DFSR-ing to our secondary hub server and then to the primary hub server from the secondary.

This is a really strange issue. I've seen other about this and no really have any conclusive answers.

If have the guts, I might added the connection to the primary back in at a later date. But at the risk of potentially corrupting data I might just leave it.

I have to deploy another spoke in the coming few weeks, hopefully I dont get the same problem as above

I'd like to learn more about the internal workings of DFSR and how to do detail troubleshooting (more than just dfsrdiag). Anyone have any resources

Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:46 AM