Receive "Sorry, you don't have access to this page". Although it takes the changes. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have been working and setting up our Intranet site. All of a sudden I get this error message "

"Sorry, you don't have access to this page"

When trying to edit the navigation of the site. The reason why I went the navigation route is because I no longer see the Edit links, option under the left navigation bar or top link bar, like I used to.

Although I get this message when I add a link under navigation it takes the changes anyway. I also noticed that I do not see many options anymore under the site settings. I only see 4 options. I use to be able to change the templates of the look and feel and now I can't do this.

I am not sure what changed for this to stop working.

Any help would be great.

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 7:27 PM

Answers

• I have found the problem. I was not logging into the site with a site collection administrator account. I added the user to the collection administrator and now I see the options.

I must of changed the way I logged into the site.

thanks

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:22 PM

All replies

• As I know, Some SharePoint security check activity occur after you take action. 

Regards Sudip Misra sudipmisra@hotmail.com +1-412-237-5435 Pittsburgh, PA

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:05 PM
  • I have found the problem. I was not logging into the site with a site collection administrator account. I added the user to the collection administrator and now I see the options.

I must of changed the way I logged into the site.

thanks

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 8:22 PM