Key words search by Search Engines in Azure websites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i've developed 2 websites in Azure.

how can i make keywords exist in web pages searcheable by search engines like Bing, Google,Yahoo ?

uttamsp
    • Edited by uttamsp Monday, November 29, 2010 12:35 PM
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Beside the fact that this is purely SEO question and has nothing to do with Azure, I would suggest that you do two things:

1. Buy your own domain and point it using CNAME to your Windows Azure Account.

2. Move the port back to 80.

If you want 2 web-sites, you better opt out for using Small Instance and have 2 separate working roles working on port 80. And you have to have your own domain if you really want to be in internet and indexed and so on.

Looking forward for PDC10 announced features, you will be able to run 2 totally separate web sites under one single web role, utilizing the "Full IIS" feature that is coming. But this thing is yet to be released. Until then, the best I can suggest is having 2 separate cloud services, each working with a web role on a small instances and you having 2 separate domains pointing to the two services. When PDC10 become available, you can turn back to single Cloud Service running 2 separate sites on a single role.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:11 AM
  • Just perform a web search for Search Engine Optimization and you will get plenty of pointers. It has nothing to do with Azure. you can add a meta tag with keywords in the head section of your page and submit your sitemaps to various search engines such as bing, google, yahoo etc.

TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:59 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Beside the fact that this is purely SEO question and has nothing to do with Azure, I would suggest that you do two things:

1. Buy your own domain and point it using CNAME to your Windows Azure Account.

2. Move the port back to 80.

If you want 2 web-sites, you better opt out for using Small Instance and have 2 separate working roles working on port 80. And you have to have your own domain if you really want to be in internet and indexed and so on.

Looking forward for PDC10 announced features, you will be able to run 2 totally separate web sites under one single web role, utilizing the "Full IIS" feature that is coming. But this thing is yet to be released. Until then, the best I can suggest is having 2 separate cloud services, each working with a web role on a small instances and you having 2 separate domains pointing to the two services. When PDC10 become available, you can turn back to single Cloud Service running 2 separate sites on a single role.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:11 AM
  • Just perform a web search for Search Engine Optimization and you will get plenty of pointers. It has nothing to do with Azure. you can add a meta tag with keywords in the head section of your page and submit your sitemaps to various search engines such as bing, google, yahoo etc.

TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:59 AM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:45 AM