Setting up Macro Security RRS feed

• Question

• I have a workbook that I need to send to another organization that contains a Macro.   I don't want to change the security setting on any of the machines.  Is there a way to send this workbook and the Macro work without lowering the security settings?  If so can someone walk me through this process?

Thanks.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 3:05 PM

Answers

• Ok, now I've got that ;]

You can assign your code using certificate project key. In office tools you can find link to this generator.

If your recipient add them to keys repository, then he can be safe fromother and run your code without change security level.

But if he change this to highest level (no macro) so so.

You can take look on this article: Instalacja oraz kopiowanie klucza cyfrowego use translator in your lang.

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:21 AM

All replies

• No way (if you do not change code) - but

You can use free add-in killing this warning imminently

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 4:30 PM
  • I don't mind it a warning popping up requiring the user to acknowledge.  I just need to know how to distribute in a safe manner where this single workbook macro will execute.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012 8:58 PM
  • Ok, now I've got that ;]

You can assign your code using certificate project key. In office tools you can find link to this generator.

If your recipient add them to keys repository, then he can be safe fromother and run your code without change security level.

But if he change this to highest level (no macro) so so.

You can take look on this article: Instalacja oraz kopiowanie klucza cyfrowego use translator in your lang.

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:00 AM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 9:21 AM