"Can't use this feature while using multi window" on Samsung S20 RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden I started getting a small "popup" message at the bottom of the screen on my Samsung S20 Ultra saying "Can't use this feature while using multi window". It has been working fine before and I've tried restart the phone.

So the Auth App works and the login request triggers the "Approve" popup on my phone but as soon as I tap the "Approve" option in the popup I get the message about multi window and the MFA request gets denied.

I've Googled the message and also tried to contact Samsung Support how directs me to Microsoft Support who directs me to Samsung...

• Edited by AndersWaz Tuesday, October 27, 2020 2:29 PM
    Tuesday, October 27, 2020 2:28 PM

All replies

•  I have exact same issue.

Have you found a solution.

Sunday, November 1, 2020 6:17 AM
  • Having the same issue for the first time on my Samsung S8 - getting the same error message when trying to approve a code through Microsoft sign-in with the Authenticator app. I'm guessing a recent security update from T-Mobile tweaked something with the pop-up window feature and authentication. Could also be a new security tweak\feature on the Microsoft side with denying authentication pass-through when using "multi-window" aka "pop-up" windows.

After disabling the Authenticator app in the "Smart pop-up view" setting menu, the Authenticator app is working OK. Its full screen now of course. So not a fix but a workaround.

Wednesday, November 4, 2020 2:28 AM