Updates show as failed or waiting to install even when successful, I have to force 'Evaluate Software U. D.' to each client. Also, KB890830 never installs RRS feed

• Question

• Update 1910 Hotfix Rollup, client version 5.00.8913.1032 - We had no issues prior to 1910 upgrade.

After the 1910 upgrade and client upgrade none of the servers updated when our FEB maintenance window started. lots of messages like 'No current service window available to run updates assignment with time required = 7200' - during testing the next day i found that if i manually told them servers to Evaluate Software Updates Deployment either at the client or from the Configuration Manager, the updates would start to install. we uninstalled and reinstalled clients on all servers. further testing seems to indicate that when a server hits a maintenance window it will install most updates including the Mar2020 updates but after a reboot some show as failed and 890830 shows as waiting to install. Under Monitoring in SCCM, the server will show 'Failed to install updat(s)' at this point. if i force another Evaluation the server shows the MAR2020 servicing stack and rollup as installed, 890830 as 'waiting' and under Monitoring in SCCM it shows as Waiting for maintenance window. I feel like there are a couple issues here, a rights issue or cert issue for part of it? an issue with 890930 on its own? BTW, 890830 did this for the FEB and MAR versions both, we were hoping that the MAR version would act differently. i can get copies of any logs.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020 2:16 PM