none
Cannot install Windows Vista update KB948465 - error code 80070490 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to install Windows Vista update KB948465 (Windows Vista Service Pack 2) but it keeps showing error code 80070490.

According to my update history, update KB948465 has failed to install a total of 29 times since I first tried it on September 11, 2009 up to today, November 14, 2009.

HELP!
    Saturday, November 14, 2009 10:08 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem, reaching near 6 months with this problem, and the only answer is to reinstall Server 2008 or repair installation with original dvd, this was a very common answer to my investigations related to this problem. But in a production system this is not a good answer.
    Monday, January 11, 2010 3:15 PM
  • HI

Removing and reinstalling update should fix it but this can be a bit critical step
    http://techmowgli.com/techmowgli/viewSearchresult.aspx?sid=511
    if still any issues then check my profile to reach me -
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Profile/en-US/?User=Mini%20MCSE

Mili
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:36 PM
  • Code Error 80070490 checking for Windows Updates

The error you are receiving occurs if there is corruption in the Component Based Servicing manifest. The only way to fix this is to do a "repair" install of Windows Vista.

The "repair" (in-place upgrade) install will not effect your installed programs or data. Just make sure you are already logged into your computer when you start the install. Do not boot from the DVD.

If the installation does not start automatically when you insert the DVD, run setup.exe from your DVD drive.

•When the Setup program starts and the Install now screen appears, click Install now.
    •Note When you receive with the Get important updates for installation message, click Go Online.
    •Click Upgrade when the Which type of installation do you want? screen appears

Please let us know if that fixes the issue for you.

Saturday, April 25, 2020 12:33 PM