none
INTERNET EXPLORER 11 PROBLEM IN WINDOWS 7

Question

• IN INTERNET EXPLORER 11 IN WINDOWS 7, WHEN I CLICK NEW TAB , IT OPENS BLANK TAB.

AND WHEN I CLICK ANY LINK IN A BROWSER, IT DOES NOT OPEN.

IN MANY SITES A POPUP DOES NOT OPEN, WHEN I CLICK (RIGHT) MOUSE BUTTON ANY LINK IN A BROWSER.

Sunday, October 27, 2013 3:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• First, attempt to reset IE 11. Click "tools", "Internet Options", Select "Advanced" and click "Reset". Restart IE 11.

Verify that all of your toolbars are uninstalled (these can block popups without notifying you).

Let me know if this works and good luck!

• Proposed as answer by Jacorbello Monday, October 28, 2013 12:18 AM
    Sunday, October 27, 2013 10:33 PM
  • I HAVE DONE THESE SETTINGS, BUT NOT SOLVED THE PROBLEMS.
    Monday, October 28, 2013 1:31 PM
  • If it's certain websites, you might want to update your Java to the latest version. It's possible that it's erroring out with 8.1.

Other than that, I'd test Compatability mode on the websites that aren't working correctly..

a)     Open Internet Explorer, press the Alt key to display the Menu bar.

b)     ClickTools and select Compatibility View settings.

c)     You will get a small window, add the website link into that field and click on Add.

d)     Click Close once it has been added.

Let me know what happens.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:03 AM
  • Hi,

First I suggest you run IE 11 within No Add-ons mode to test.

Actually, I suppose this issue may be caused by incorrectly installation. So I recommend you reinstall IE11 again.

How to uninstall IE 11:

1. Type appwiz.cpl in the box and then press the Enter key.
    2. On the left pane, click the option titled View installed updates to view all installed updates.
    3. Look for the entry titled Internet Explorer 11, right-click on it and click Uninstall button.

If you cannot uninstall IE 11 via the method above, please try this command below:

FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart

Thanks!

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time.
    Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 3:37 PM