none
Visio 2013 - Dimensional data doesn't match RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Size & Position data does not match the object data.

In other words, I can put a wall on the page that is 32' long and the S & P pane shows 4".  If I apply an arch dim to the wall, it will also show 4".  Even though, I can click on the wall to show it's length, and it shows 32'.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What's the version of Visio 2013 you are using? I have Visio Professional 2013 installed on my Windows 10 computer. I have installed all available updates to update it to the latest version. I  tried to reproduce the issue according to your description, but I failed. I couldn't to reproduce the issue with my Visio 2013.

To help me better understanding the issue you are encountering, please provide us with more information. You can post some screenshots here. Tell me which shape you are using. 

Please try to open Visio in safe mode to have a check: press Windows + R to open Run dialog box. Type in visio /safe and press Enter. Create a blank drawing and check for the issue.

You can try to repair Visio from Control Panel

If you have any updates or I misunderstand anything, feel free to post back to tell us.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Anything unclear or any questions, feel free to post them back to let us know. I will be glad to follow up and help you.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, November 11, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Did you start your diagram using the Floor Plan template or similar, or just a plain blank drawing? The Floor Plan templates provide a suitable scaling factor for shapes that convert your 4" into 32'. Try creating a new diagram with the Floor Plan template and see if that makes a difference.

Paul Herber, Engineering and software shapes for Visio
    Paul Herber

Tuesday, November 12, 2019 5:27 PM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:13 AM