Room mailbox. No confirmation after successfully schedule a meeting - hybrid environment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have on-premise EX2010 server + EX2016 + AD Connect.

Some users are on-premise and some have been migrated to the cloud. We have several conference rooms that we reserve through Exchange. All room mail-boxes are on-premises. Each of these rooms has two delegates. Until now, both had on-premise accounts. After migrating one delegate to Exchange Online, it turned out that none of the delegates received notifications by email about the booking of rooms (we do not use automatic approval). I tried to set the parameter

ProcessExternalMeetingMessages $True

for one room but it did nothing.
    When I removed delegate (the migrated one) from one of the rooms, the other delegate receives notifications again and can approve meetings for that room.

Can anybody help me with this issue?

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 9:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That's the normal behavior, if you are using a hybrid environment, please ensure the delegate and room mailbox place in same side.

We can also see the notification in the official document: Create and manage room mailboxes

If you're running Exchange Server in a hybrid scenario, make sure you create the room mailboxes in the appropriate place. Create your room mailboxes for your on-premises organization on-premises, and room mailboxes for Exchange Online side should be created in the cloud.

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 2:08 AM
  • Hi, thanks for your time.
    This information is not clear to me. The hybrid environment makes it possible to divide one organization where some users are in the cloud and some on-premises. It has worked well so far. It's not that one organization is on-premises and another is in the cloud, is it?

Here's what I observed:
    case 1:
    The room mailbox is on-premises.
    Delegate accounts are on-premises.
    Organizer's account is in the cloud.

The invitation sent from the cloud organizer (in Outlook 16) reaches the delegates. The organizer of the meeting receives the notification "The invitation has been received and is waiting for approval."
    When approving, the "Send message to attendees" option is not shown. After approval by the delegate, the organizer does not receive information that the meeting has been accepted.

case 2:
    The room mailbox is on-premises.
    Delegate accounts are on-premises.
    Organizer's account is on-premises.

The invitation sent from the on-premise organizer (in Outlook 16) reaches the delegates. The organizer of the meeting receives the notification "The invitation has been received and is waiting for approval."
    When approving, the the "Send message to attendees" option is shown. After approval by the delegate, the organizer receives an email confirming that the meeting has been approved.

Next week I will create a test room mailbox in the cloud and see how it works.

Until now, when both delegates were on-premises, it worked properly: e-mails with information about the approval of the meeting by the delegate were sent to both on-premises and cloud organizers. However, when I migrated one of the delegates, problems started.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 12:18 PM
  • Hi,

You may refer to the below thread discussed the similar issue as yours

After migrated users to o365, room mailbox delegation not working. Could you please advise what action needs to be done to solve this?

This Microsoft Online: Exchange Online Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Microsoft Online: Exchange Online will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A! We invite you to post new questions in the new forum.

Friday, July 17, 2020 6:40 AM
  • Thanks Joyce,

so when both: room mailbox and delegate are on-premises it should work fine (like it was). So I broke something because now organizer does not receive an approval e-mail when his account is in O365.

Friday, July 17, 2020 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update about your issue?

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 1:07 AM
  • No new information. I cannot imagine that in a hybrid environment I would have to create two mailboxes for the same room: one on-premises and the other online. It would be almost impossible to manage them. I think I'll move the mailboxes back on-premises. Or maybe someone else has any idea for it?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2020 9:54 AM
  • Hi,

So you temporarily make sure the room mailbox and delegators both on-premise or migrate both of them to cloud.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Friday, July 31, 2020 6:08 AM
  • Hi,

Do suggestions above help? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

[Note] This forum will be locked down, you can continue to post in here before 8/10/2020. It is highly recommended to register the Microsoft Q&A Platform and create new thread in Microsoft Q&A Platform to continue the discussion.

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Friday, August 7, 2020 8:22 AM