Host portion of IPv6 clients in Routing and Remote Access (RAS) incorrect RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

we are running RRAS on Windows Server 2012 R2 and added an IPv6 address to the external interface that serves the VPN clients (SSTP only). While everything is working fine and clients connect and work over IPv6, we noticed that the host part of the clients IPv6 address from which they connect is not shown correctly and replaced by 1700:1bb:: for all clients - only the prefix of the address is correct. The host part of the IPv6 server address is omitted completely:

Does anyone have an idea what causes this?

Thanks
    Michael

Friday, March 20, 2020 12:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It seems that there is no error in the IPv6 address during the actual RRAS work.

So we think it is most likely due to the Remote Acess Clients you are using showing errors.

Specifically, you can contact the application manufacturer for more information.

Hope this can help you, if you have anything unclear, please let me know.

Have a nice day!

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 23, 2020 7:18 AM
  • Thanks Allan,

the clients are Windows 10 1809 and 1909 computers so the client is Microsoft based. However, as everything is working fine I guess it's not an important problem.

Thanks
    Michael

Monday, March 23, 2020 10:01 AM
  • Hi Michael,

As I guessed, it should just display errors in the application without affecting everything.

But remember please do not hesitate to let me know if you got any further questions or thoughts!

Best regards,

Allan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 9:49 AM