none
IE9 tab bar strange color

General discussion

• I just downloaded IE9 yesterday. To my amazement I discovered that the background color of the tab bar was highly orange, while the rest of IE9 was colored blue. This means that everything to the right of the address bar, until the tool buttons, is covered in a big orange box, that stands out from everything else.

I discovered that the color comes from my coloring scheme, where the "Active Title Bar, Color 2" is orange. This normally means that active windows have an orange title bar, while inactive windows are blue. Using a title bar color inside a window is misusing the color scheme in Windows and looks rather tasteless.

Anyone else discovered areas of IE9 that should clearly have been discovered before it's release ?

PS) I am running Win7 Ultimate x32 with Aero disabled (The GPU in my laptop can't handle Aero without causing graphics lag)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:11 AM

All replies

• I see this in release version 9.0.8 as well on 2 different machines

Both machines are Win 7 Professional with Aero disabled

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 11:02 PM
  • I had the same problem. It has indeed something to do with the color schemes. I had the GPO-Option "Prevent Changing theme" (in ADM Templ.\Control Panel\Personalization) enabled, which caused that issue. After setting that to "Not Configured" the tab bar color changed back no normal.

Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:56 AM