Remove Activate Windows watermark RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

A client has recently transitioned licence agreements (was using a MAK now using KMS). During the transition a number of PC's failed to activate and now have the 'Activate Windows' watermark.

They have been moved to KMS and have activated successfully. However they still have the watermark.

I have tried the command:

slmgr /rilc

slmgr /ato

and rebooted. The watermark remains.

I have also tried slmgr /rearm which does not work.

yeah

Friday, November 10, 2017 10:48 AM

All replies

• Hi staino,

Windows Activation is a process that helps you to activate Windows, and validate that your copy of Windows is genuine. Windows has different license states.

Have you restarted your PC after activating?

You can check the following three registration forms

Locate the following in your Windows Registry,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform]

"SkipRearm"=dword:00000000

change it to 00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\SoftwareProtectionPlatform\Activation]

Change “Manual” to 1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\svsvc]

Modify the Start option, edit the value data by 4.

If the issue still insists, I suggest that you could contact the volume license service center.

https://www.microsoft.com/Licensing/servicecenter/Error.aspx

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, November 13, 2017 2:53 AM
  • Hi staino,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 16, 2017 12:09 PM
  • Hi staino,

I know you may have a busy business. If there is no other problem, I will temporarily close this case. Of course, we can still talk freely.
    If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If any further help needed, please feel free to post back.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 12:12 PM