none
IE11 Enterprise Mode XML List RRS feed

• Question

• My clients do not load my enterprise list. I have tried the following...
    1.Create a sites.xml file using the Site List Manager tool and store it on a web site accessible by all clients
    2.Enabled the "Use the Enterprise Mode IE website list" group policy option and entered the appropriate URL to access the sites.xml file.
    3.Verified that the client applied the policy

The Key get written to the Registry

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode]
    "Enable"=""
    "SiteList"="http://server.xxx/ie11/complist.xml"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode]
    "Enable"=""
    "SiteList"="http://server.xxx/ie11/CompList.xml"

But it does not seem like my list is being used.
    According to this link https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/6c266558-a7f0-4169-a0a7-668899b1653e/ie-11-enterprise-mode-on-remote-desktop-server?forum=ieitprocurrentver
    A key with the current version of the enterprise list should be created
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\EnterpriseMode]

(REG_SZ)"CurrentVersion"

How ever there is no EntpriseMode Key at that location. What else could I check?

I have run Internet Explorer for more than the 65 Seconds, also have already done multiple restarts but a current version key is not created.

EDIT: If I press alt and choose tools I don not see a option to use enterprise mode. Over Group Policy I have set enabled the settings "Let users turn on and user Enterprise Mode from the Tools menu" but I have not set a location URL where to recieve reports. What could the Problem be that Users can not Enable Enterprise Mode over the Tools menu? Do I have to set a URL even if I do not want to use reports yet?
    • Edited by JackAB Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:24 AM Additional Info
    Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:39 AM

Answers

• After installing Patch  2929437 Enterprise Mode is working!
    • Marked as answer by JackAB Monday, October 20, 2014 9:16 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 9:16 AM

Ah. You are using Windows7. Yes, you need that KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929437

The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Update for April, 2014 (2929437) is a cumulative update for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
    In addition to the fixes addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-018   https://technet.microsoft.com/security/bulletin/MS14-018 and previous updates for Internet Explorer 11 on these operating systems, update 2929437 includes new enhancements for Internet Explorer 11.
    Here's what's new and updated:
    - F12 developer tools
    - Internet Explorer WebGL renderer
    - Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have we configured Enterprise Mode logging and data collection?

Set up Enterprise Mode logging and data collection

Check to see if this could help here.

Best regards

Michael Shao
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:49 AM
  • I have added some more Info. Users can not enable Enterprise Mode from Tools. Is this because no Report URL is set?
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:25 AM
  • I have added some more Info. Users can not enable Enterprise Mode from Tools. Is this because no Report URL is set?

No, it works fine for me, without the URL set.

But... Are you looking on the "Tools" menu of "Command Bar", or "Tools" menu of "Menu Bar" ??

Enterprise Mode option, only appears on "Tools" menu of "Menu Bar" (Press ALT, or, enable the "Menu Bar")

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by JackAB Monday, October 20, 2014 9:16 AM
    Monday, October 20, 2014 9:16 AM

Ah. You are using Windows7. Yes, you need that KB.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2929437

The Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Update for April, 2014 (2929437) is a cumulative update for Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
    In addition to the fixes addressed by Microsoft Security Bulletin MS14-018   https://technet.microsoft.com/security/bulletin/MS14-018 and previous updates for Internet Explorer 11 on these operating systems, update 2929437 includes new enhancements for Internet Explorer 11.
    Here's what's new and updated:
    - F12 developer tools
    - Internet Explorer WebGL renderer
    - Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer

Don

Monday, October 20, 2014 8:56 PM
  • No. You have to enable that as well.  You used the registry but it is easier just to update your ADMX files and GPMC and use GPO.  There is a second setting to enable users to manually use F12.

Anyone figure out yet how to force the alternate reality?  I thought there was a way to implement IE 11 and default to IE 8 Emulation Mode where you have 1000 sites that are IE 8 and pending update but only 3 sites that need IE 11.  I really don't want to have to identify 1000 websites, interview everyone, figure out what sites were IE7 but in IE 8 use compatibility mode when IE 8 emulation mode works for both.  I have the latest updates, the latest site configuration.  I've been looking at XML itself, for some type of tag to force IE 8 but by default you have to add the exclusion and it then shows up as IE 8 mode.  Is there no possible way to make it emulate IE 8 Mode and the exemption process be IE 11 when 98% of the websites internal have no lifecycle process?

I think I've read every post and blog at this point.  I'm hoping anyone can provide an answer.

Maybe I'm the only one but if you have 2000 websites and no developers update their code then you are forced to implement IE 11 across Citrix and Workstation then you own the problem.

Has no one addressed this?  What do you do when 2000 sites use IE 8 and 4 use IE 11.  You must upgrade to IE 11 and add the 2000 sites manually?  Honestly?

I cannot find anything stating to do this or set this in the sites.xml file to force IE 8 by default and create exemptions for IE 11.

If you even try to google the iesitesxml.xsd file all you get is a bunch of virus warnings.

I've read over 100 links, blogs, forums, and cannot understand how this has never come up.

Monday, April 27, 2015 11:09 PM