none
In Sp list, How to show attachments file name in list and open it by click the name ? RRS feed

• Question

• When i add the attachments column in the list, it will show like the PIC1 below.

How to setup the list and make the attachments name show in the list and open it by click the name? Like the PIC2 below. Need JSON code for this function ?

Thank you!

Dennis

Monday, December 9, 2019 2:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Dennis,

Currently there is no OOB way to achieve this in modern view.

As a workaround, we could show the attachments and open it directly in classic list view using JSLink.

Here is an article for your reference:

[Forum FAQ] Show Attachments in SharePoint 2013 Custom List View

Though the article refers to SharePoint 2013, it will also apply to SharePoint online.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 9, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hi Julie,

I have one more question. Can we create more than one column for the attachments upload in one list ? I just find one column in the "Show/hide column" but can not create a new one for attachment upload.

Monday, December 16, 2019 2:53 AM
  • Hi Julie,

I open the link you share. When i want to copy the code for the column. But i can not find "format this column" button for JSON code. How can i find that and realize the function i want?

Monday, December 16, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

The Attachment column is an OOB column and we couldn’t create it, we could upload multiple attachments in each item.

And JSLink is not supported with modern lists and libraries, please return to classic view>Edit page>Edit Web part of the list>Miscellaneous>JS Link.

If there is no JSLink Option, please refer below article to enable custom script in SharePoint admin center:

Where is the “JS Link” property?

Best regards,

Julie

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi Dennis,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Friday, December 20, 2019 1:24 AM