none
Veteran Internet Explorer User Gives Up on IE10 RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have been a veteran Internet Explorer user over the past few decades, but have been won over by Google Chrome over the past few years.

Each time Microsoft releases a new version of IE, I give it a whirl to see if they have finally outdone Google.

With the release of IE10, I really thought they had done it, because I stuck with IE10 for over six weeks before giving up, the longest ever.

I really like the features of IE10, but Google Chrome outperforms IE10 hands down, time and time again and does not have any issues whatsoever with specific websites as IE10 does, it just works.

After reporting and researching IE10 issues over the past few weeks, I finally got disgusted today and went back to Google Chrome, which requires no effort on my part.

• Changed type RichMNY Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:22 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you have some suggestion or feedback, you can submit it via the following link:

http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:44 AM
  • Hi,

If you have some suggestion or feedback, you can submit it via the following link:

http://connect.microsoft.com/IE

Regards,

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Well, actually I found that clicking Compatibility View corrected the problem I was having with a website using IE10 causing me to abandon IE10 and post this comment. I don't really understand the rationale behind Compatibility View, why must the end user tell the browser a website is not working correctly to get it to render properly?  With Google Chrome, websites work correctly the first time without any action on my part.

In any event I will continue to give IE10 a further trial as it has improved overall compared to past iterations.

Monday, May 27, 2013 3:40 PM