none
Removing toolbars? RRS feed

• Question

• I had once a virus called Babylon Search and it installed a toolbar on Internet Explorer 8.  I ran an antivirus software to delete the virus.  I also had a technician from Norton, clean my computer. Now I noticed that when I right click the toolbar space in IE8 I find that I still have a Babylon-English Toolbar.  It is not grayed out so it appear it can be seleted.  This program too over my computer and I was not able to make any changes nor run any antivirus software adequately. 

Where in my system to I find the file location where this toolbar is located so I can delete it?

Help!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 2:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This toolbar may be listed in the Internet Explorer Add-ons; you could try to delete the ActiveX control to check the result:

Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions

Refer to the part "Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions" -> "Can I delete Add-ons or ActiveX controls?"

Hope it helps.

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 9:17 AM

All replies