How to disable Internet Options using Group Policy Object? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear everybody,

Please tell me about how to disable Internet Options via group policy to Internet Options on Tool menu, Internet Options on Control Panel and Command control inetcpl.cpl?

kea

Friday, March 18, 2011 9:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The location of this GPO in Windows Server 2008 should be:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Browser menus

Enable the Group Policy “Tools menu: Disable Internet Options… menu option

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by vkea Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:25 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 8:38 AM

All replies

• Vkea,

Which operating system and browser version are you using?  It makes a difference as the location of the specific policy object changed between versions.

Regards,

Scott McBride

• Proposed as answer by Isabel Perez Friday, October 20, 2017 4:49 AM
    Friday, March 18, 2011 2:09 PM
  • Thanks McBride,

Therefore, I would like you to show me about applying from GPO in Windows Server 2003/2008 in to computer client, especially Windows XP, Windows 7.

How to disable Internet Options to three ways such as Internet Options in Tool menu, Internet Options in Control Panel, Command control inetcpl.cpl

Hope that you see my explanation!

Best regards,

kea

Saturday, March 19, 2011 12:34 AM
  • Hi,

The location of this GPO in Windows Server 2008 should be:

User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Browser menus

Enable the Group Policy “Tools menu: Disable Internet Options… menu option

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Leo   Huang

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by vkea Tuesday, March 22, 2011 2:25 AM
    Monday, March 21, 2011 8:38 AM
  • Thanks Leo,

So, how to disable to Internet Options in Control Panel and Command control inetcpl.cpl

Hope, you will reply me soon!

Regards,

kea

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 12:21 AM
  • Hi

thanks leo hanglijyn .................

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 12:44 PM
  • I've got a windows 2008R2 server with IE 11 installed and this setting doesn't seem to affect IE11.  Is there some other way this needs to be done for newer browsers?
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 10:01 PM
  • GPO>User configurations>Policies>Windows settings>Security settings >Software restrictions>right click- Additional Policies> new path rule:path area : type in  or navigate to  "C:\Programe files\Windows\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" set security level to Disallowed.
    Monday, June 9, 2014 8:27 AM