none
USB. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, hope someone can shed light on my problem.

Windows says, does not recognise device,'unknown device' in my case an 'printer'. One of the USB attached to the computer has malfunctioned it says. The notice says, try to reconnect, if no recognition, replace it. Replace it with what.? I assumed it meant another port/USB.It shows I have 8 ports.One is highlighted showing unknown device and there is another showing the same though NOT higlighted. I tried to highlight another 'unused' port but it didn't do anything. I have only three USB available on my DELL INSPIRON 6400 [Yes, I know It's old but I'm on a pension, hehehe] an all three come up with the same info and it's not only the printer, I have tried charging mobile phone and other attachments etc with same response. Does 0X80040900 or OX800CCCOB help in any way???

When I connect the printer it shows that the Driver sorftware is installed correctly and you have successfully added Epson XP 220. The computer and printer has been very good together for some time, no problems at all.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I would like to hang-on to the computer if at all possible.

Cheers

Wayne

Thursday, September 6, 2018 4:47 AM