ie 9 search providers not available RRS feed

• Question

• I am new to ie 9. There is no search window in the upper right hand corner like in all of the other ie browsers.

How do I get the search window to appear?

All of the search providers show a status of not available except bing and ebay. ie 9 does not give me the option of changing the status. I added google Ok but it's status is unavailable, too. How can that be? I didn't have any trouble selecting google for firefox but then I added firefox to my system while ie 9 came with it.

Monday, September 10, 2012 1:16 PM

Answers

• start typing your search terms in the address bar. Press enter to use your default search provider or click on the icon of your choice of the search providers installed at the bottom of the address bar dropdown.

for help with IE press f1 to display the help dialog.

or

for consumer help with Ie (when you can't find what you need with f1) select the Help>Online support menu from IE and follow the links for your windows and IE versions.

this forum is for Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

• Proposed as answer by Jeremy_Wu Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:31 AM
    • Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:18 PM
    Monday, September 10, 2012 7:18 PM