none
Can't select a language in IEAK 11 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to create a custom package of IE 11 to present to users on my organization's intranet. However, after starting the IEAK wizard, I can't get past the language selection. The drop down box is empty. I am sure that I am just missing something on the machine I'm using to build the custom package, but I've been unable to find anything similar on any other forums. I'd appreciate any insight into what I'm doing wrong.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 7:14 PM

Answers

• I've never tried to find out. There may be a logfile created by IEAK, which may reveal the URLs of the components?

I've always done IEAK in a connected scenario, at least for the first-run of the IEAK, to allow AVS to pull down the components. Subsequent runs don't need it to be connected if you're not too fussed about the AVS update-check failing, and AVS seems to tolerate that scenario.

One of the observations I have, is that AVS will auto-update if it can (which is presumably by design) but I can't recall ever seeing updates available anyway.

You might be able to fudge it, by installing IEAK on another machine, letting that connect to grab the components, find where it caches the components, copy the component files off, over to the isolated machine?

Never tried that, but it might work?

Don [doesn't work for MSFT, and they're probably glad about that ;]

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:01 PM

All replies

• on your IEAK machine, have you installed IE11 and applied all updates and rebooted, prior to installing IEAK11?

did the IEAK installation proceed without issues?

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 9:59 PM
  •   I'll double check the MS website, but as far as I know, yes.  All updates are installed, and the computer was rebooted before installing IEAK.  The computer is on a closed network, so there is no internet access to the computer.
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:20 AM
  • Hi Andy D G,

It seems that there are some problems with the integrity of IEAK, have you download it from official website? If not, please try it.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/browser/bb219517.aspx

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:00 PM
  •   I'll double check the MS website, but as far as I know, yes.  All updates are installed, and the computer was rebooted before installing IEAK.  The computer is on a closed network, so there is no internet access to the computer.

After installing IEAK, the first time you launch IEAK, it wants to connect to MSFT to download all of the components. Each time you launch IEAK it will want to perform this "AVS" checking. This all requires internet access.

You *must* allow this once (so that the components are cached locally on the IEAK machine), but after that first time components download you *can* isolate the machine (but this will mean that IEAK components will never refresh)

from memory, downloaded components include all the language packs....

• Edited by DonPick Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:04 PM
    Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:03 PM
  •   Don,

Is there any way to get around the internet access requirement?  There is no way that I'd be able to connect my computer to it.  Is there a download for the components that I can get?

Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:23 PM
  • I've never tried to find out. There may be a logfile created by IEAK, which may reveal the URLs of the components?

I've always done IEAK in a connected scenario, at least for the first-run of the IEAK, to allow AVS to pull down the components. Subsequent runs don't need it to be connected if you're not too fussed about the AVS update-check failing, and AVS seems to tolerate that scenario.

One of the observations I have, is that AVS will auto-update if it can (which is presumably by design) but I can't recall ever seeing updates available anyway.

You might be able to fudge it, by installing IEAK on another machine, letting that connect to grab the components, find where it caches the components, copy the component files off, over to the isolated machine?

Never tried that, but it might work?

Thursday, April 21, 2016 9:01 PM