How to check the NPS logs in the Event Viewer RRS feed

• Question

• I configured the Log File Properties in Accounting in NPS server as the following screenshots. And I checked there has indeed been a NPS log file. However, the content of the log file is not friendly to read in the notepad. May I check the NPS log in the Event Viewer? Thanks.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. However, there does be a way to check the logs in the Event Viewer UI and I already found it by myself. It's very simple. Open the Server Manager, expand Roles node, and then click Network Policy and Access Services node. The NPS event logs of the last 24 hours will be displayed in the Summary area of the right side. We can click Go to Event Viewer, then we can see where it is! Anyway, thanks as well.

高麻雀

• Marked as answer by 高麻雀 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:45 PM
    • Edited by 高麻雀 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:45 PM

All replies

• The following screenshots are the details of the Log File Properties.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:42 AM
  • The following screenshots are the details of the Log File Properties.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:42 AM
  • Hi,

For the accounting logs of authentication, we cannot check it via Event Viewer. There is no UI we can check the accounting information, no matter we choose to use SQL server logging or logging locally. For SQL server logging, we need to understand SQL scripting to cerates reposts. It will be better than check it via notepad.

More information:

Interpret NPS Database Format Log Files

Configure NPS Log File Properties

Best Practices for NPS

Hope this helps.

Jeremy Wu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, December 24, 2012 4:59 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by 高麻雀 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:45 PM
    Friday, December 21, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your reply. However, there does be a way to check the logs in the Event Viewer UI and I already found it by myself. It's very simple. Open the Server Manager, expand Roles node, and then click Network Policy and Access Services node. The NPS event logs of the last 24 hours will be displayed in the Summary area of the right side. We can click Go to Event Viewer, then we can see where it is! Anyway, thanks as well.

高麻雀

• Marked as answer by 高麻雀 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:45 PM
    • Edited by 高麻雀 Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:50 PM
    Tuesday, January 8, 2013 12:45 PM