none
Exchange 2010 Mailbox reconnecting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have disconnected one user mailbox from exchange 2010, after that I tried connecting the disconnected mailbox from new user its got connected successfully but when I tried login to owa it shows the message

MapiExceptionMailboxDisabled: Unable to open message store. (hr=0x80004005, ec=2412)
    Diagnostic context:
       Lid: 55847   EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc called [length=417]
       Lid: 43559   EMSMDBPOOL.EcPoolSessionDoRpc returned [ec=0x0][length=232][latency=6]
       Lid: 23226   --- ROP Parse Start ---
       Lid: 27962   ROP: ropLogon [254]
       Lid: 17082   ROP Error: 0x96C     
       Lid: 26937  
       Lid: 21921   StoreEc: 0x96C     
       Lid: 27962   ROP: ropExtendedError [250]
       Lid: 1494    ---- Remote Context Beg ----
       Lid: 26426   ROP: ropLogon [254]
       Lid: 1219    StoreEc: 0x80070005
       Lid: 3225    StoreEc: 0x8004010F

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 4:14 AM

All replies

• Have a look at: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/recipients/disconnected-mailboxes/connect-disabled-mailboxes?view=exchserver-2019

Follow this article: https://www.recoveryfix.com/blog/how-to-export-a-disconnected-exchange-mailbox-to-outlook-pst/ and know easy step about this topic.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:31 AM
  • Hi Rajith M,

What's the detailed version of your Exchange 2010 server?

This issue occurs because Directory Service Access (DSAccess) caches a query for the disconnected mailbox when the mailbox is not found in Active Directory. More specifically, DSAccess caches a query that cannot find the disconnected mailbox.

To work around this issue, run the Clean-MailboxDatabase cmdlet to scan Active Directory for disconnected mailboxes and to update the status of the mailboxes in the Exchange store.

For more information about the Clean-MailboxDatabase cmdlet, go to the following Microsoft website:
    General information about the Clean-MailboxDatabase cmdlet

Here is a related KB about your issue above: You cannot access a mailbox for several hours after you disconnect and then reconnect the mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Thanks
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:51 AM
  • Thanks, I have rebooted the exchange server night time after that I am able to access the mailbox
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that you have solved the issue! You could mark your reply above as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well!

Thanks for your understanding!

Regards,

Joyce Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:04 AM
  • A brief summary of this post so that other forum members could easily find useful information here:

[Exchange 2010 Mailbox reconnecting - summary]

Issue Symptom:
    Disable a mailbox in a Microsoft Exchange Server 2010, tried connecting the disconnected mailbox from new user its got connected successfully but when I tried login to owa it shows the following error message
    MapiExceptionMailboxDisabled: Unable to open message store. (hr=0x80004005, ec=2412)

(Possible) Cause:
    This issue occurs because Directory Service Access (DSAccess) caches a query for the disconnected mailbox when the mailbox is not found in Active Directory. More specifically, DSAccess caches a query that cannot find the disconnected mailbox.

Solution:
    Rebooted the exchange server night time after that I am able to access the mailbox

Reference Links:
    You cannot access a mailbox for several hours after you disconnect and then reconnect the mailbox in an Exchange Server 2010 SP2 environment

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:13 AM