Lost data after Windows 7 to Windows 10 upgrade RRS feed

• Question

• Good day, I need help restoring lost data. I recently upgrade one of my corporate Desktops from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The upgrade failed half way through the process and we had to restart the process. The second attempt was successful. When we checked the Windows.old file, all the data was lost! How can we retrieve the lost data?
    Friday, July 12, 2019 6:22 AM

Answers

All replies

• Friday, July 12, 2019 4:06 PM
  • Hi, 
    Was your issue solved?
    If yes, would you like to share your solution in order that other community members could find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Best Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Good day and thank you for the response.

I do apologies for the late response. Unfortunately, I was unable to to recover the lost data exercising the above solution provided. We even tried to rollback upgrade to Windows 7 but the option(Go back to the previous version of Windows 10, Go back to Windows 8.1, or Go back to Windows 7) is not available using the following method:

"Select the Start  button > Settings  > Update & Security  > Recovery.  Under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10, Go back to Windows 8.1, or Go back to Windows 7, select Get started. By following the prompts, you'll keep your personal files but remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, plus any changes you made to settings. "

Kind Regards

Monday, August 19, 2019 8:12 AM