none
JAX-RPC web service vs. JAX-WS web service - connection issues from BizTalk RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello All,

    We have an existing setup where BizTalk 2013R2 is used to call web services exposed from JAVA using JAX-RPC. Everything works fine. Now they upgraded their framework and it's using JAX-WS for the exact same services. 

    I tried to connect using existing BizTalk send port which used WCF-Custom adapter but I am receiving below error. 

    Error Description: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: An unsecured or incorrectly

    secured fault was received from the other party. See the inner FaultException for the fault code and detail.

    ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Cannot find

    dispatch method for {http://oracle.e1.bssv.JI56CY01/}InbCrHElemnt --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

    Has anyone faces such issue? As per the changed system developers, nothing has changed in the schemas or data contracts. only the web service technology has changed on their side. 


    mayur macwan

    Thursday, December 12, 2019 11:44 AM

Answers

  • This sounds like the port was expecting the response to have message security and it didn't. on the security binding, set the enableUnsecuredResponse to True (if you are certain no sensitive data will be in the response from the service). 


    Also, in general, I find it good practice to get an example GET/POST raw HTML from the service owner. I would then use fiddler with SoapUI or Postman to get the request working and observe the correct raw HTML. Some service owners can provide a SOAPUI/postman project to save you time (perhaps ask them for that). 

    You can then configure the BizTalk application while having Fiddler running and see what the difference is in the RAW HTML web service call. 

    • Marked as answer by MacwanM Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:14 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Thanks Malisk for the answer. 

    that was helpful. 

    Apart from that, I also realized that the schemas were changed after they upgraded JAX-RPC to JAX-WS. so I had to regenerate the schemas and also rebuild the maps using new schemas. 


    mayur macwan

    • Marked as answer by MacwanM Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:15 PM

All replies

  • This sounds like the port was expecting the response to have message security and it didn't. on the security binding, set the enableUnsecuredResponse to True (if you are certain no sensitive data will be in the response from the service). 


    Also, in general, I find it good practice to get an example GET/POST raw HTML from the service owner. I would then use fiddler with SoapUI or Postman to get the request working and observe the correct raw HTML. Some service owners can provide a SOAPUI/postman project to save you time (perhaps ask them for that). 

    You can then configure the BizTalk application while having Fiddler running and see what the difference is in the RAW HTML web service call. 

    • Marked as answer by MacwanM Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:14 PM
    Monday, December 16, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Thanks Malisk for the answer. 

    that was helpful. 

    Apart from that, I also realized that the schemas were changed after they upgraded JAX-RPC to JAX-WS. so I had to regenerate the schemas and also rebuild the maps using new schemas. 


    mayur macwan

    • Marked as answer by MacwanM Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:15 PM
    Wednesday, December 18, 2019 4:15 PM