none
Simplify installing Edge RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows Server 2019 evaluation in a lab environment
    I need to install Edge, but when I download it and start installation I get a message requiring Windows Update.
    Is there any way to instal Edge without updating Windows, just to save time?
    I realize it sounds stupid, please consider it's simply a lab environment...
    Regards
    marius

Saturday, July 4, 2020 4:35 PM

All replies

• I'd suggest reaching out to subject matter experts here in dedicated forums.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftedge/forum

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-edge-insider/ct-p/MicrosoftEdgeInsider

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, July 4, 2020 6:40 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

Is there any update? Have you got a chance to verify above suggestions?

Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 7:52 AM
  • Hello,

Hope you all well. I am checking to see how things are going there on this post.

You can click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

This "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details.

Thanks,

Jenny

"Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services)"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, July 16, 2020 7:43 AM