none
Explorer Internet Options change at startup RRS feed

• Question

• My explorer internet options change each time i start windows. I want to see a new tab page when a new tab is open. I set it from internet options and it works. However when i start windows again, i see a blank page instead of a new tab page when i open a tab. I checked the settings on history, and it does not delete browsing history on exit. Please help me on that.

fkaplan
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:41 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand if you delete the browsing history or use InPrivate Browsing, the new tab page cannot collect your most popular sites.

I would like to know if the tab settings reverts after reboot the computer. If so, I suggest you boot in Safe Mode with networking, then change the setting for a test.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:48 AM

All replies

• In the delete browser history section,

Did you click on the settings button,

How many days is ie set to retain webpages, if you set it to (0) it will help,

Also is it also set at never update webpages when ie is opened ?

If you also click on apply and go back and click on delete browser history,

What fields are checked,

Usually the top box and the top cookies box is the only fields that should be unchecked, all others should be checked,

Then click on delete.

• Edited by ThrashZone Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:15 AM
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:14 AM
  • My explorer internet options change each time i start windows. I want to see a new tab page when a new tab is open. I set it from internet options and it works. However when i start windows again, i see a blank page instead of a new tab page when i open a tab.

@ fkaplan

Are you an administrator?   If not see your administrator.   A local policy could be effecting these symptoms.   Otherwise I would try using ProcMon to track down what is happening.   E.g. you could see your setting being made once in the registry.  Then try to find out when it switches back.   If it is happening during a boot you could still use ProcMon for its Boot Logging option.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:34 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the response , but i think you got me wrong. I dont want to delete my history and everything each time. I just want my tab settings to stay as it is, but it does not.
    fkaplan
    Thursday, January 26, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Hi,

Please understand if you delete the browsing history or use InPrivate Browsing, the new tab page cannot collect your most popular sites.

I would like to know if the tab settings reverts after reboot the computer. If so, I suggest you boot in Safe Mode with networking, then change the setting for a test.

Niki Han

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 5:48 AM