none
How to disable windows 7 touch cursor

Question

• Hi,

I wrote an application for my tablet, and would like to use only this application on the tablet. For this I locked down Windows and disabled some features that are disturbing my app (for example the touch circle, the right mouse click gesture, flicks etc.). The last feature I'd like to disable, and for which I spent a lot of time searching the internet before coming here, is the small "cursor" (star shaped) that shows up at the place you touch the screen. Is there a way to do this with a GPO or somewhere in the registry?

Thanks in advance!
    Bert

Saturday, November 28, 2015 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi bcuyp,

Thank you for your question.

Please refer to the following steps to check if you could disable it:

1. Run “GPedit.msc” and Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC – Cursor 
    2. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting

If you could not disable it, we suggest you post this case by the following link: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?category=surface 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:31 AM

All replies

• Threads merged same topic.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Sunday, November 29, 2015 6:58 PM
  • Hi bcuyp,

Thank you for your question.

Please refer to the following steps to check if you could disable it:

1. Run “GPedit.msc” and Navigate to User Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components - Tablet PC – Cursor 
    2. Enable the Turn off pen feedback setting

If you could not disable it, we suggest you post this case by the following link: 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/home?category=surface 

Best Regard,

Jim Xu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Jim Xu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:31 AM