The event "The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000" RRS feed

• Question

• I keep getting this message, (

The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000)

often hourly, but sometimes random. While it appears benign, it affects my system performance. My system is custom and only made for Gaming. I do not have Edge installed, etc.... The problem is in VR on my Oculus   Rift, or in other games, it causes a momentary lag and stutter to the graphics. HOW DO I PREVENT THIS FROM OCCURING??? This is unacceptable, it really detracts from the game performance. It seemed to appear after the CU update.....NO BS, just tell me how to make it stop.....
    Thursday, January 11, 2018 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Someone others encountering this problem said this event seems to being "harmless".
    For this event, there is an explanation, please check the link below.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dell/comments/78abzl/beta_feature_in_windows_update/

Hope it could be helpful to you.

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 15, 2018 5:53 AM
  • I am seeing this periodically, too. I think it happens when Windows Explorer flushes and blinks and seems to reset. How do we make this process stop?
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 3:23 AM
  • Not harmless whatsoever. Every time it happens some apps seem to crash. In my case, I'm using Yelo TV from Telenet which crashes every time the event takes place (every few minutes), which basically means that the streaming service I'm paying for keeps on crashing.
    Sunday, March 18, 2018 7:55 PM
  • PLEASE stop reporting that this issue is "harmless". Better to simply deny everything a-la Apple. There are countless users reporting system or software crashes that are simultaneously accompanied by ESENT errors in the event logs (415,000 results to a forum search).

I am one- now unable to run a previously perfectly running software package for more than five minutes at a time now that ESENT flushes and hangs the app REPEATEDLY. 

It is most definitely NOT harmless and MS needs to stop ignoring the issue and provide users a way to defeat or patch this debacle. 

• Edited by sddjd Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:59 PM
    Thursday, March 29, 2018 5:56 PM
  • Everywhere I look for answers I also see the harmless reply. 

I am lucky in the fact it doesn't appear to crash apps but its a pain when your computer freezes for 3 seconds randomly. And It is a freeze. Even just playing youtube videos and it can freeze. 

Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:09 AM
  • I think i found the solution. Here is what i did since the beginning... 

1. Reinstall Nvidia drivers with DUD (Display driver uninstaller in safe mode)
    2. disabled the Superfetch thru services.msc
    3. Play with computer's power management and set it on high performance. +set everything on "never" so nothing can turn itself off. 
    4. and lastly... I have an ssd for my OS and an hdd for my data. My data drive named D. Go to your Computer and select D, then properties. Then there is 2 checkbox at the below. Untick the second one. I don't know what it is in English. My W10 is Turkish... I couldn't add an image because unverified account. (This makes data reading pretty slow, but you can turn it on after Microsoft release a solution for this.) 

Its been 2 competitive match in CS:GO (almost 3 hours.)  and it didnt crashed. It was crashing 2-3 times in 1 match before this solution. BTW there is still info logs in the event viewer. 

Let me know if this works for you guys. And please mark it as answer if it is so. 

P.S: I don't know which step fixed the issue. I pretty much did all things at the same time and didn't bother to test it. 
    • Proposed as answer by RobNid Thursday, April 19, 2018 8:40 AM
    Monday, April 9, 2018 11:07 AM
  • In my case, all I did was reinstall the nVidia drivers for my K620 and that fixed it immediately!

Prior to that, the computer was unusable, with Start, Settings, right-click and other basic functions so slow.  CPU was most often at 25% for ShellExperienceHost.exe and UIsearch.exe, with spikes from some nVidia function.

My specs fwiw for other visitors here: Dell T1700 with new SSD and K620, and fresh install of Win10 Pro.  After installing a bunch of apps, it just started with the wierdness.

Thanks for the tips.

Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:34 PM
  • After I reset my win 10 I did all of these. Except 4. it was about indexing files/folders in a drive and I did it to my SSD with OS, Steam and CSGO. I think that did the trick for me as well.
    Friday, September 28, 2018 1:23 PM
  • Are you using Eset Virus protection? I think this is one of the processes of the software. 
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 11:15 PM
  • I am having the same problem described in the base note ("The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT...") My system is an off-the-shelf Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. Today, the system rebooted itself suddenly and the cited event was the last Application or System event in the Event Viewer. There are no nVidia programs installed on my system per the "Apps and Features" section of the control panel. What should I do to make the ESENT events stop?

AustinStudent

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 3:38 PM