none
SharePoint Hosted Add-in: source code in VS is different from the version deployed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

There is a SharePoint Hosted Add-in deployed onto a site in Oct. I had to work on an enhancement and hence used source control to get the required files.  But, I saw that the version deployed is different from the one in the VS whose last change was made in Aug as opposed to Oct. 

I know that in order to create a SharePoint Hosted app package, the version in the App Manifest file needs to be incremented each time when a change is deployed. I am surprised to see an earlier version of the app in VS with no new changes and trying to understand how how the next versions were deployed?

Does it mean that the previous developer did not check in the latest changes after Aug? Is there a way I could retrieve the correct source code files?

Please help.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards

SLS
    • Edited by SLS22 Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:58 PM
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 5:46 PM

Answers

• Hi

You’d better confirm with developer as this seems he developed a local version without check-in latest code.

The other developer must check-in their local latest code, then you can get it.

Best Regards,

Lee

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

• Proposed as answer by Dennis GuoModerator Monday, February 3, 2020 8:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by SLS22 Friday, February 7, 2020 3:04 PM
    Wednesday, January 29, 2020 2:40 AM