none
Replacing user icon with company logo using group policy RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to replace the user.bmp file with a company logo for all users in the domain. First tried replacing the file with default group policy, user configuration, preferences, windows settings, files. Created a new item, set it to replace the file, pointed it to a shared directory on the server, gave that directory rights to domain users and domain computers. After group policy was updated I logged into a user machine. If I log in as administrator, it works but that defeats the purpose of using group policy to roll out a file. The result is the file, user.bmp had been deleted but the new file was not loaded. The error I get is that it cannot find the path specified. I have tried various other ways, such as running a batch file which also fails as it does not have rights on the workstations to run, using a VBS script which also fails for the same reason. I must be missing something small. Any help given is really appreciated after searching for the solution, trying them and still no success.

Ron

Ronald C. Pope

• Edited by Rondryck Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:50 PM
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:48 PM

Answers

All replies