Macro Fever RRS feed

• Question

• I once tried to create a macro.  It did not work.  But now, when I make a new Excel spreadsheet 4 other spreadsheets open up.  It started out with just one extra spreadsheet.  Then that one plus a second one would open up, then 3 spreadsheets, now it is 4.  To be precise, I have a master copy and I open this and make changes to it and then save it under a new name.  Each one of these newly named spreadsheets has somehow got the idea it has to open up the other 4 spreadsheets.  I am glad the progression stopped at 4.  I worry it will someday decide to add a 5th one to the other 4 that open up every time.  Or get really out of control, like cancer, and keep adding another spreadsheet to the progression--but it seems to have settled on 4 spreadsheets for now.  Is there any way to stop all these spreadsheets from opening up and just get back to the one I actuallly want? 
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 3:00 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your description, I would suggest you empty the following folder which could affect creating a new file in Excel.

Folder location:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Note: In this path, <username> is your logon user name.

Sincerely
    Rex Zhang

Rex Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by VBAToolsMVP Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rex Zhang Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:56 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2012 5:25 AM