none
Cannot access the media streaming settings RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials server running on a Seagate NAS-server. I have downloaded and installed the "Windows Server Essentials Media Pack". Because I don't use this pack after all, I want to stop/remove it.

If I use the Essentials Dashboard and go to "Settings", and select "Media", I get the below screen after a few seconds:

Some history: Because of the issue with creating/renaming folders on a network share (see here), I had disabled/stopped the "Windows Search" service. Because the "Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service" is depending on it, I also disabled/stopped that service, otherwise I get continuously "Autostart" errors in my Health Report.

I thought that the above error might have been related to the fact that I disabled/stopped these services, so I started them again, and rebooted my server. But that didn't solve the problem.

Conclusion:
    - I waited a few minutes and tried again
    - I restarted the server
    - I don't know what add-ins I should uninstall, as I don't have any more add-ins
    - so I contact product support (I assume that Technet is a good start for this, right?)

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi, See your answers in this video (step by step). Install, configure and test online media streaming on windows server 2012R2. https://youtu.be/mNQj8OoiR8Q If you are satisfied than give me a like :-) Cheers, tof
    Saturday, December 23, 2017 2:35 AM