none
Getting window.opener is undefined after google authorization with oauth In all versions of IE RRS feed

• Question

• Parent page : i have a page with button , when i click on button it opens new window with the URL googleoauth.aspx using (window.open() in java script) .

i registered my googleoauth.aspx page in Google console (to access Google data using API) as a redirect URL

child page (googleoauth.aspx ): i have a button to authorize with Google account to access Google documents using API . When i click on button it opens Google log in page in the same window , after successful log in it redirecting to a googleoauth.aspx page with the token . Here i am passing this token to parent function using javascript (window.opener.settoken(token);) and after i am closing this window (window.close()) . this works fine in chrome and Firefox . but in IE getting undefined at window.opener.

Friday, August 2, 2013 5:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

what security zone does your website open in? what security zone do you map google or account.google.com to? If it is an intranet site why are you using google plus? or google analytics?

Do you have tracking protection turned on?

Post questions about html, css and scripting for website developers to the MSDN IE Web development forum, with a link to your website for testing.

Rob^_^

Sunday, August 4, 2013 4:20 AM