Failed to set Subscriptions on the WSUS Server. Error:(-2146233088)Unknown error 0x80131500 in SCCM 2012 Sp1 with Windows 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have installed SCCM 2012 Sp1 on Windows 2012 R2, now configured WSUS and added SUP, now it is not synchronizing updates, giving mentioned error

Kirpal Singh

Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:41 AM

Answers

• I have cross checked mentioned article on Windows noob.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9030-how-to-configure-wsus-on-sccm-2012-win-server-2012/?p=36633

it is saying install WSUS, open console, cancel console, sync it from SCCM Console, then add SUP and it works !!!

Kirpal Singh

Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:43 AM

All replies

• I have cross checked mentioned article on Windows noob.

http://www.windows-noob.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9030-how-to-configure-wsus-on-sccm-2012-win-server-2012/?p=36633

it is saying install WSUS, open console, cancel console, sync it from SCCM Console, then add SUP and it works !!!

Kirpal Singh

Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:43 AM
  • It didn't worked for me. 

I am getting same error after re-installing WSUS and adding SUP role :(

Mohd Wasi

Friday, February 26, 2016 11:39 AM
  • 1. Uninstall SUP

2. Uninstall WSUS

3. Reboot Server

4. Install WSUS properly  (post install should be using command)

In order to do that check log file in %appdata%/local/temp  (log file will be created by windows while installing WSUS using command.)

WSUS post install command :-  

Install WSUS from add roles > when post install appears> open Command Prompt  Run as admin  > Locate wsusutil.exe (foldder in cmd)> enter  command 

wsusutil.exe Postinstall sql_instance_name=your computer name/server sql installed  update=update folder location (c:\wsus)

5. Install SUP port number must be 8530

6. product and classification must be same in WSUS and SUP.

7. sync now. It will work

Note:-  do not forget to test WebDavAuthorization if it connects properly.  Open IIS Manager\Sites\WSUS Administration\DssAuthWebService > Basic Settings > test 

if it does not connect then you need to provide correct NT Authority\User with proper wrights to connect.

Thanks 

Satyendra Kumar Verma

Tuesday, September 27, 2016 8:32 AM
  • I was also in the same issue and the below link helps me to fix the issue .

http://scug.be/tim/2014/03/14/configmgr-2012-r2-initial-updates-sync-fails-failed-to-set-subscriptions-on-the-wsus-server/ 

FYR i pasted here the content .

Workaround

The WCM.log entries refer to specific categories that are unknown – but do not specify any further details. I suspected there was an issue with the classifications and products that were enabled by default in the Software Update component configuration.

To work around this issue I followed these steps:

1. Go to the Software Update Component properties and deselect all Products and Classifications which are enabled out-of-the-box.
    2. Force the Software Update Synchronization to run. Monitor the WCM.log and WsyncMgr.log to validate the synchronization is now running successfully. Note that no updates will be synchronized at this point, but the products and classifications catalog will be synched as part of the process.
    3. Enable the required Products and Classifications that were disabled previously, and run the synchronization again.
      Once I went through these steps the synchronization was working fine again:

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:50 AM
  • If you uninstall WSUS remember to uninstall ‘Remote Server Administration Tools -> Role Administration Tools -> Windows Server Update Services Tools 

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/sus/2014/04/01/wsus-installation-fails-with-no-specified-error-and-tools-folder-is-missing-after-wsus-installation/

Thursday, March 7, 2019 10:52 PM
  • Thanks Vasan, great find and it works! Thanks so much for posting it. 
    Tuesday, April 30, 2019 6:15 PM