none
Creating search worksheet from multiple worksheets in Excel 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Excel workbook with multiple tabs that I am trying to either create a Pivot table or search page from the data that includes each worksheet. I understand how to search for the data in each worksheet, but I want to search on it BASED on the name of the worksheet. The data is parcel data and the tabs are counties, so I want to make the first page a search page where I can choose the worksheet name in a drop down menu (the county name) and then search from there based on the header. Since I was having such a hard time figuring out how to do this in Excel, I put the data in Access thinking that would be easier, but I can't figure out how to create what I want in either program. 

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 8:48 PM

All replies

• Hi Saffron,

I have noticed your question and tried to do some tests to work it work. I may need more spare time to finish it by myself. Here is an article may be helpful to the question: How To Vlookup Values Across Multiple Worksheets?

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

I will post my reply if I work it out. Feel free to post back if you have any updates.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 10:34 AM
  • Thanks so much - I know about VLookup and that is not what I want. I actually want to create one page where I can have a drop down box and select the worksheet and then find data from there - all my data is in tables and has the same headers for the information in each worksheet. This way multiple users can access the data without having to search through pages of data.

Thank you for your help!

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi,

This thread has been around for a long time. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. 

Thank you for understanding! If you have any questions, or updates, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:26 AM
  • There are no answers - I had one person trying to see if they could find a resolution to this, but no one has been able to help. If there is a way to have more people see it or be more descriptive in my request, I can do that. Please let me know.

Saffron_et

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:59 PM