none
received this error from Exchange 2010 sp3 : the lpversioning file has an invalid value RRS feed

• Question

• Receive a popup when running Exchange 2010 SP3 update.  "The LPVERSIONING File has an Invalid Value"

The installed Language is US (1033), Windows 2008 Standard with Service Pack2, Exchange SP rollup 8

I checked the exchangesetup.txt in c:\exchangesetuplogs, found "Setup couldn't find LPVersioning.xml"

Tried SP2 same issue.

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:02 PM

All replies

•  Get-childItem -path Registry::"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchangeserver\V14\Language packs\server"

There are client and server version of LPs installed. You may want to modify the above command or manually verify using regedit.

{ERROR} Setup couldn't find LPVersioning.xml. is because the path D:\EN used in the setup.com is not correct. the /LP: syntax should have the file or folder path where you have the LP bundle (which can be downloaded) and not to the extracted files in DVD.

If there is a LP Bundle package in the path, setup will not look for LPVersioning.xml (the version info is obtained from the LP Bundle), else the setup will need to access the versioning XML file to get the version info.

Reference Reading :-http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/02/09/3409288.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd979785.aspx

***********************************************************************************

Click on the green Tab and keep me motivated !!!

Anand Shankar

Friday, June 14, 2013 8:10 PM
  • I was able to get SP2 working with the /LP command, but SP3 still gives me the Setup couldn't find LPVersioning.xml

Where are the language packs located for 2010 SP3? They are in the 2010 SP3 download and I couldn't find anywhere on the net.  

Monday, June 17, 2013 3:51 AM
  • Hi

Check the thread below

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/a74eee18-a846-48a7-a30a-d9d4b49f606b

3)[ERROR] Setup couldn't find LPVersioning.xml. is because the path D:\EN used in the setup.com is not correct. the /LP: syntax should have the file or folder path where you have the LP bundle (which can be downloaded) and not to the extracted files in DVD.

If there is a LP Bundle package in the path, setup will not look for LPVersioning.xml (the version info is obtained from the LP Bundle), else the setup will need to access the versioning XML file to get the version info.

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, June 17, 2013 9:02 AM
  • I'm just using the command "setup"   This is an english install.   If I search the setup file I find 1033 english.  Isn't the purpose of the /LP command to point where the language bundle is located?  Well, I have not language bundle.  I searched the SP3 folder and I don't find a language bundle there either.

Never have had this issue ever and this one install is really strange to be getting this error.  Any other ideas because the link you provide has no solution to this.

• Edited by technokoz Monday, June 17, 2013 7:13 PM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi All,

It's been a while since this was posted si I have to ask, has it been resolved?

We are currently trying to do a AD prep with Setup /PrepareAD and get the error:

[16-10-2015 19:21:36.0909] [0] [ERROR] Setup couldn’t find LPVersioning.xml.
    [16-10-2015 19:21:36.4506] [0] [ERROR] The LPVersioning file has an invalid value. Please check the Exchange Log for more information.

There are entries in the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchangeserver\V14\Language packs\server" registry so what am I supposed todo to resolve this.

1. Download and install the language pack? If so, which one?

2. Add the location of the downloaded LP to my environment variable?

3. Delete the entries from the registry?

The solution mentioned in this thread isn't clear to me so any step-by-step  instructions would be greatly appreciated.

Tnx

Timotatty

• Edited by TimTTY Friday, October 16, 2015 8:09 PM
    Friday, October 16, 2015 8:09 PM
  • The problem was solved by just adding the SP2 LP files into the SP3 source installation directory and adding that directory to the environment path.

Timotatty

• Edited by TimTTY Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:30 PM
    Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:30 PM
  • Trying to follow this and getting no where can someone please help!!!!
    Wednesday, December 4, 2019 5:33 PM