none
Get stuck in 'Create a Multipoint Server Station, Press 'B' ' RRS feed

• Question

• I got stuck in one of the screen. I tried to Press B as much and as long as I can, but it still did not respond.

What is wrong? What should I do?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 6:48 PM

Answers

• Sounds like you have a USB keyboard/mouse attached directly to your server. Try swapping for PS/2 or connect your keyboard and mouse to a USB hub.

EDIT: Just a bit more info the way multipoint maps a keyboard and mouse to a display requires a USB hub, otherwise it would have no way of knowing which mouse goes with which keyboard/display combo. Multipoint 2011 will automatically map the PS/2 mouse/keyboard ports to a display. I believe if you are in maintenance mode your keyboard/mouse will work normally.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:15 PM

All replies

• Hi, in any of your technical questions, we need to know, what kind of clients and connection do you use.

Thanks.

Thursday, May 31, 2012 12:59 PM
  • I have the same question. 

I try to test using one Dell FX170 computer (thin client, 1 Gb RAM, 1 RJ45 1 Gbps) connected using network LAN. 

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:21 PM
  • Do you have drivers for this device installed properly? Do you see this client in MultiPoint manager?
    Wednesday, June 6, 2012 8:20 PM
  • I just finished installing Windows Multipoint Server 2012 Premium about 30 minutes ago. I then installed the drivers for the Radeon HD6450 graphics card. After that, I performed a Windows Update check and installed the 500MB+- of updates. Finally, I restarted the computer.

Now I am looking at the same "Create a MultiPoint Server Station...Press 'B'" screen and I cannot interact with the computer using either the keyboard or mouse. They are both USB and were working just fine, obviously.

I have tried hotswapping the kbd & ms to different USB ports. The only thing that happens is for a split second a "minimized command prompt" appears in the bottom left corner and disappears. The lights are lit up on the keyboard. I can press the caps lock and other buttons to drive the LEDs, but no response on the screen.

And of course, pressing 'B' does not do anything either.

Any suggestions??

Thursday, March 14, 2013 4:16 PM
  • Sounds like you have a USB keyboard/mouse attached directly to your server. Try swapping for PS/2 or connect your keyboard and mouse to a USB hub.

EDIT: Just a bit more info the way multipoint maps a keyboard and mouse to a display requires a USB hub, otherwise it would have no way of knowing which mouse goes with which keyboard/display combo. Multipoint 2011 will automatically map the PS/2 mouse/keyboard ports to a display. I believe if you are in maintenance mode your keyboard/mouse will work normally.

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:30 PM
  • Thank you. With your input, I was at least able to get a response. I'm very confused as to why a screen connected to the internal graphics card shows the prompt (above) that I would expect only on a screen attached to a hub. I would think a better design would be to assume that a screen attached to an internal graphics card would be an admin screen, not a console. Perhaps I'm just confused how this MultiPoint server is supposed to work.
    Monday, March 18, 2013 4:44 PM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 5:55 PM
  • Deleted
    Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:15 PM
  • "Important point to remember

you should connect one USB hub(preferably Belkin) to  server and then you should connect mouse and keyboard to USB hub.  doing this action enables you to interact with the system>

Monday, July 29, 2013 1:27 PM
  • you need to press B and enter  at the same time :p
    Friday, July 11, 2014 1:58 PM
  • Uninstall the video driver (Safe Mode), or change the video card.
    Friday, July 10, 2015 8:41 AM
  • Discovered a hack to get around this. Someone else will have to confirm this on their load. I configured power settings to shutdown OS on power button press.  When the screen comes up to press 'B', just press the power button and this does not shutdown the OS but drops you back to login screen! Hope this works for others too! 
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Tyng Thursday, July 20, 2017 3:57 PM
    Tuesday, February 16, 2016 9:00 PM
  • This trick worked for me fine, using Windows Server 2016 in multipoint mode.

AM

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 4:21 PM
  • Thank you for your post Steve. I works for everybody since the power button act similarly everywhere...

I am just amazed why Microsoft has not provided a professional solution to this...

You are the man!!!

Christopher

Saturday, March 23, 2019 4:19 AM