none
Windows 8.1 My Computer freeze after connect to internet RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have big problem.

I bought computer HP Pavilion 23 touch smart and when i try connect to internet ( doesnt matter IE or google chrome ) my computer is freeze. I update everything what i could ( drivers to modem etc. and everything from Windows Update ) but i still have same problem.

This is brand new computer so its impossible that i have any virus / malware etc.

Sorry for my english but i am from Iceland :).

• Edited by PepeIs Saturday, May 17, 2014 1:50 PM
    Saturday, May 17, 2014 10:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try to reinstall NIC driver for test to fix this problem.

If problem persists, pleaes check Event Viewer if it identify this problem.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try to reinstall NIC driver for test to fix this problem.

If problem persists, pleaes check Event Viewer if it identify this problem.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 19, 2014 8:06 AM
  • Hey, you can try with Windows Boot Genius (tinyurl.com/nm5kv3a) to fix the problem. Detailed steps are as follows:

Step 1: Create a Boot Disk

Insert a blank CD/DVD or a writable USB to a working computer. Launch this software, you will get an interface like below. This program checks the boot media automatically (if not, check it manually). Click "Burn" to start burning a boot disk.

Step 2: Boot the Freezing Laptop from CD/DVD/USB

Then turn to the freezing laptop: insert the boot disk to this laptop. Start it and set the boot order to set the CD or USB as the first boot device in BIOS. Press "F10" to save the settings. Then your laptop will reboot automatically, and attempt to login into the Windows which is burned on the boot CD/USB.

Step 3: Fix Computer Freezes

After a while, you will enter a system with Win PE technology. Double click the icon of Windows Boot Genius to launch this software. Go for "Windows Rescue" to choose the resolution according to your computer's symptoms: choose "Crash before loading bar" if your computer freezes on start up; choose "Crash on loading bar" if your computer freezes on the Windows splash screen; choose "Crash after loading bar" if your computer freezes randomly.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:57 AM