none
How do I change the colors of individual tabs in ie 9

Question

• I installed newest ie 9 on 17th March. I find all tabs are blue only and even the text is not visible properly on the tabs.

I wouuld like to change the colour of each tab individually.

Is there a way to do that? Firefox does this most effeciently by itself.

Please help.

Friday, March 18, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Is there a way to do that?  

No.  This is an Accessibility question.  The only solution is in the OS.  E.g. use either High Contrast mode (press LeftAlt+LeftShift+PrintScrn) or use the Magnifier's reverse video feature for an alternate contrast (e.g. in W7 press Win-+ for its fullscreen lens or in all OS press Win-U to get the Magnifier started.)

---

Friday, March 18, 2011 3:02 PM
    Answerer
  • Hello,

I have just downloaded IE9 onto a Vista 32 OS.

Everything is great and works well except the tabs, unless it's the current page they are very difficult to read, I find myself rocking the viewing angle back and forth to see what they say - tried the internet options but no change, surely this is an oversight?

Thanks,

Sunday, March 20, 2011 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

You may refer the following link to see whether it does help.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/ie9-change-the-colour-of-tab-font/fcbd1c71-24cc-416a-9424-af3bb9c5679c

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, March 21, 2011 9:06 AM
  • I replied but nothing appears? anyway thx for your reply Juke.
    Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:35 PM
  • I have had the same problem and am not impressed with the functionality of IE9 at all. One fix that worked for me: change the "theme" of your computer. If you are using Windows 7, open your Start menu. In the Search box, type "theme". The top search result should read "Change the Theme". Click that link, and it will pull up a window that allows you to change the layout for Windows. I changed mine to "Windows 7" and now I can read the tabs a little better because the background behind the tabs changed from black to blue. If you want to go old-school, change the theme to "Windows Classic", and you'll definitely be able to see the tabs. It will just feel like you're working on a 1999 computer.
    Wednesday, May 04, 2011 12:37 PM