none
Download interrupted IE9 Windows 7 SP1

Question

• Any time I try to download a program I am getting an error message that says the download has been interrupted. I try to resume and it still does not work. I am running IE9 and Windows 7 with SP1 installed. I have tried it with anti virus disabled and nothing seems to work.

Sunday, January 01, 2012 8:06 PM

Answers

• If the issue only occurs on the specified download, it should not be a system issue. It is caused by the download source.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 06, 2012 6:54 AM

All replies

• If the issue only occurs on the specified download, it should not be a system issue. It is caused by the download source.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, January 06, 2012 6:54 AM
  • Normally I would agree with that. I am having the issue with three different programs though.
    Friday, January 06, 2012 12:09 PM
  • I am having exactly the same problem.  The downloads are interrupted regardless of the source and cannot be resumed.  I have used JDownloader and the same thing happens.

This has been going on for months and it is very frustrating.

Monday, January 23, 2012 1:23 AM

Like some of the other posters here, I have experienced this issue for months now, regardless of source - but it happens both with IE9 and FireFox 10.0.1, and only on my Win 7 systems, so I am not sure it is an IE problem, more likely a Win 7 issue
    Saturday, February 11, 2012 7:23 PM
  • To add myself to the list of those with this problem.

I have the problem on all Computers, Smart Phones (downloading apps) and PS3 where the download is interupted at about the 5% mark. This led me to believe the problem may be my router. I allowed a guru to access my PC from my ISP who was able to replicate fault but not fix it. I changed routers and problem still existed. Thought the issue may be the DNS of my ISP as a conversation with one of there technicians indicated their was  a server upgrade that was causing a few issues. Joined OpenDNS and flushed the DNS and problem is still occurring. Im at a loss.

Next step ISP ADVANCED support team (with a fee of course) unless someone has any other possible solutions. Please help as too many hours invested without results.

Cheers

• Edited by PCGlobal Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:54 AM
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 9:32 AM
  • I have the problem on all Computers, Smart Phones (downloading apps) and PS3 where the download is interupted at about the 5% mark.

I agree with the Answer.   Without any other facts it sounds like the problem is on the host server for that file.   In any case, since the resume fails you could trace that part quite easily, e.g. using  NetMon or WireShark or even the IE9 Network Capture tool just to confirm which end of the transaction is failing.

The only other comment I would make of the OP's symptom description ("anti virus disabled") is that sometimes just disabling a security product is not enough, sometimes it is necessary to actually remove it and reconfigure it, e.g. in order to remove its hooks and filters.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, February 19, 2012 3:08 PM
    Answerer
  • I have the exact same problem. I just upgraded my PC and installed a fresh Windows 7 x64. I was able to download with IE6, which came with my version of Windows. I then installed Chrome, because I'm used to it. Unfortunately and to my surprise I found out I couldn't download ANY file with it - downloads simply would not start - so I decided to make IE my standard browser until I'd figured out the problem. So I upgraded to the latest version (IE9). But now whenever I download an executable (I tried downloading numerous .exe files from different sources without succes, but was able to download a .rar file from my e-mail) the download is interrupted just before it finishes. Whenever I click 'Resume' it just starts over again. I therefore agree with aurelius32 on his remark that it looks like there's an issue with Windows 7 rather than with the browser. I hope someone out there can think of a possible solution for the problem, as I've tried every suggestion found on various forums and I'm all out of ideas.
    Friday, May 18, 2012 8:51 AM
  • Please repost on Answers with more details, this forum is not for questions like this.

IEFAQ: http://iefaq.info

Friday, May 18, 2012 12:58 PM
  • Normally I dont post in a thread unless I have an answer to the original question. Forgive me for not sticking to that code of conduct. But I am at witts end with people. MY god! I have been surfing for an answer on this issue forever. And all I get is people on EVERY board that all feel the need to post that they have the same issue. Please PLease Please Please in the name of all anyone holds sacred DO NOT say that you have the same problem.  We all have the same problem or we wouldnt be here. If you cannot answer the question then dont respond!

Thank you

Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:15 PM
  • If you cannot answer the question then dont respond!

I think a useful exception would be reading about someone's attempts to do their own diagnosis.   ;  )

BTW  c.f.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/serious-issueswebsites-timeout-and-file-downloads/b4b19c95-c5c2-4be3-884f-ba80e0c97ea5?page=2

Posting in Answers might just result in a feedback loop.   <eg>

---

Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:10 PM
    Answerer